Thursday, July 11, 2013

A HOT-AIR BALLOON ADVENTURE STORY

Here is the writing instructions in a Grade 3 test that we asked Mew to complete yesterday:
"You see a hot-air balloon and you climb aboard. Write an adventure story telling where you go and what you see in the hot-air balloon."

And our young writer created a quite interesting story below (I kept all of her spelling, grammar and vocabulary mistakes as they were).

"The wind blowed me far away from home. I was to scaird to look down. Finally I peeked down. Not bad! It was beautiful! It was a forest with blue lake going by. It was all zigzag. Then a terrible storm sweped me away. I was terrified but told myself not to panick. I crounched down and hold on tight. I don't dare to open my eyes. It was cold and stormy. Oh no! I didn't know how to land this thing! I looked around the tiny hot-air balloon. I found a pink blanked. I wraped it around me and close my eyes and sleep ... Something warm was on me. Morning! The sun shone bright in the sky. The storm was over - and I knew it. I saw a dot - not far away. A beautiful dove!! "No!" I shouted. Too late. The dove popped my hot-air balloon. Then I went flying off the hot-air balloon!! Boom! I was not dead! I land on my trampoline - wait a minute! I land write in front of my house! What a good adventure I had!"



Nice work done, Mew! You are very creative and good at writing. However, remember to double check your work next time to avoid making silly mistakes. And do not forget to look up the dictionary when you are unsure about a word. You also need to improve your spelling skills - the first step should be to read your books aloud. It would help you pronounce words correctly and memorize frequently used words better.

No comments:

Post a Comment