Saturday, August 7, 2010

SWEETIE, YOU ARE NOW REALLY A BIG GIRL!

Mew now can wash the dishes by herself, hoorray! And she is just 6 and a half years old! Wow, I remember that the first time I helped my Mom to do the same chore was when I was 10 or 12 years old. What's a big difference, lol!


Last night, Mew asked me to teach her how to wash the dishes. I did not believe that she could do it at the age of 6 but I let her watch me anyway. While washing the piles of dishes and pots, I taught her essential steps, from arranging and piling the stuffs in the sink in a certain order to washing all the edge of bowls and dishes while holding them tightly and carefully, and to finally cleaning the sink area after finishing the chore. And this evening, after the dinner, when I asked her to clear the table and bring all the stuffs to the sink, she insisted on washing everything there by herself! So why not let her do it voluntarily instead of urging her to help me with housework later? We found a small wooden chair for her to stand on to reach the sink. Then Mew put on her own children's apron (very professionally, lol). And I stood by her side to give her a hand just in case and more importantly, to take some snapshots of this memorable event. Mew managed to do almost all the dishwashing from A to Z by herself in fact (I just helped a little bit with knives, tall glass cups, pots and pans).


Such a wonderful night! I felt so happy when realizing that my little daughter has really grown up and become a big girl indeed. Thank you so much, Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment