Monday, March 15, 2010

WHEN A KISS SHOULD BE A REAL KISS?


I was so uncomfortable, embarrassed and awkward when Mew tried to kiss me on the lips one day, lol, a real passionate kiss. She leaned back down to my face and held my head to search for my lips and tried to let her lips touch my lips. She wanted a lip-lip kiss!!! Since her birth, I have kissed her foreheads, her nose, her cheeks, her neck, her hands, her feet, her belly button, etc. but never her lips. Answering my question why she had such bizzare action, she told me innocently: "It's love, Mom. The way they kiss each other in the movies. Like the prince and Cindrella or other couples". Oh my God, that's where she got her idea of expressing her love to me in a physical contact of lips, ewhhh!!! So even though we do not have a cable TV so that her screen time could be controlled, we do have a DVD player and children's classic movies. I did not even pay attention that the two main characters of some movies exchanged their real kiss and I have also never expected that scene in a children's movies. But surely that's the only source of Mew's entertainment and she must have learnt how to kiss from those movies. Well, so what should I do now to explain to her that such way of kissing is not appropriate to her age? What if she asks why the adults can kiss on lips but not children? Should I just simply say that a lips-lips kiss is only lovers' kiss?

No comments:

Post a Comment